Friday, August 15, 2008

The High Life


Kefir Cheese: better known as the Champagne of Dairy for its effervescent and tangy ping in the mouth. It’s smooth and creamy and tows the line between savory and sweet. I’ll slap the stuff on toast with jam in the morning and make a crazy dip with jalapenos, cucumber, and olive oil. Pick this stuff up at the Mediterranean Deli on Gettysburg and Fresno… or if you are really into local food, get it made fresh at Bedrosian’s Deli where it comes in an unmarked jar with a yellow lid and a yeasty whiff. It’s freakin’ fantastic.

4 comments:

moonbaby said...

So you're the one who snatched up the name Fresno foodie. I'm glad you do the name justice and that there's a fellow foodie in the valley. Great website.

Fresno Foodie said...

Thanks, mang. I'll keep eating.

james said...

hi fresno foodie. this is a random question, but do you know anything about curing olives?
i'm hoping to give it a go this fall, as there are dozens of trees in my neighborhood that go un-harvested, but I'm not sure I trust the results of a Google search when dealing with lye...
oh, and thanks for the comeback. great posts!

matt said...

THis is the bomb. I had some of this stuff home made. My friends Dad made it from an ancient Armenian culture. It was like heaven in a spoon.