Friday, August 28, 2009

You've got a friend in me...


How do you know when someone loves you? For me, it’s when they share their last morsel of food… My husband frequently scrapes together little nubs of ham and peas or ravioli in butter sauce, hoists them onto a fork, clearing his plate to ensure I get one last nibble of deliciousness. Awww…

So I’ve got to give it up to my gal pal who recently brought me one, lonely caramel… the last in the box... from the stunning Sweet Revolution organic honey maple caramels.

So there I was, unraveling a nimble red string tangled around a hand printed newsprint box, to find a solitary golden gem twisted in waxed paper… inside held a dark, vanilla speckled masterpiece of sweet delight. The shadowy flavors of maple and mellow breath of honey were paired with an intense spike of salt to create a little pop-rock dance in my mouth. Rarely am I so satisfied by one little morsel. Then again, there was only one sacred nibble left.

Sweet Revolution Caramels

1 comment:

Jonathan G said...

Food is best shared! Well, as long as there's enough for me!